This course will provide a provide a broad understanding of the principles and techniques of oil and gas pricing and will help design your trading programme while finding the best practices for hedging and derivative strategies for your company.
The course takes place over 8 weeks and comprises four core units. The units will be released every two weeks from the start of the course.
The course has an abundance of supporting course material to help you understand the complex risk management subject
Ana Maria Jaller-Makarewicz is an Energy Consultant and Training Facilitator. She has more than 25 years’ experience in the electrical and gas sectors, in consultancy and in Academia. She has a BSc and MSc in Electrical Engineering.
She worked at Electric Utilities in Colombia and then at the Universidad de Norte, as Chairman of the Electrical Engineering Programme, developing research projects and participating in energy events. Later she entered into the Natural Gas sector, as Director of Sales and Marketing, promoting the use of gas based on technical and economical analysis. As a Business Analyst for Energy Markets, she worked very closely on the development of the European Gas Model.
She has worked on electricity and gas regulations in Bosnia & Herzegovina, and been adviser to Nigeria’s Presidential Task Force on Power and agencies involved in the reform of the power and gas markets.
Since 2013 she has focused on her role as a trainer, delivering Energy Training programmes in Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and Europe.
It will prove invaluable to professionals in the Oil and Gas Industry interested in understanding the rationale of oil and gas price volatility as well as;
· Compliance professionals from energy companies and the finance industry
· Risk management/risk analysis executives
· Senior traders (energy) from investment banks and other finance organisations
· Government professionals, and energy regulation executives
· Energy pricing and risk consultancies
· Executives from: middle (mid) office, forecasting, modelling, valuation, quantitative analysis, structuring, portfolio management/optimisation and origination in energy companies and financial institutions
· Executives involved in market coupling, market development and market integration and economics
Delivered by distance learning, this programme allows you to receive professional training without disrupting your work.
Access all course materials and receive expert tutorial support whilst peer networking, using our online learning management system.
There will be an online test at the end of each unit to track your understanding and learning.
We can tailor this course and its delivery to match your requirements. Whether it is a complete distance learning course or blended learning, we will ensure that our dedicated team and professional trainers will produce and deliver the perfect training programme.